Saturday, July 7, 2012

Who am I and why should you read what I will write







Hi readers, my name is Jorge Hedian from HRT Ecuador, passionate motorcyclist, absolutely crazy about racing and someone who is already preparing for the most brutal races in the world.



Who am I?

                   
Me training for the National Hare Scramble

I am a 28 years old ecuadorian native who currently lives in barcelona spain and absolutely loves racing. At a very young age(4 years old) my dad took me to a rally race and after we spend washing our car the entire afternoon, we parked near the stage and waited for what would be my first contact with motorsports, When I saw that first rally car of my life, its headlights flashing through the woods along with the incredible sound of a tuned engine with no exhaust echoing on the forest and the ground shaking as it slid sideways near us splashing us with marbles, I remeber soo clearly thinking"I LOVE THIS, I want to do this the rest of my life""I Love Racing", soon after that my passion became tractors and there was nothing else I would love most that watching tractors work on the road and release this fresh arome while moving loam.




Rally racer in Ecuador





My brother racing on a rally in Ecuador

After a unseccsessfull teenage tennis carreer, I got hooked into bicycles, I love it but the freestyle move back in ecuador was more of drug addict castouts more than extrem athletes soo soon after I started I left it.Then it was my first motorcycle age 15 after begging for years they finally allowed it and gave me a motorcycle, I got it on a 15 of march and I raced my first rally 2 weeks after that, had no fucking clue how to ride, little less race. I still remember my dad telling me, there is a race in 2 weeks, you want to race..sure. Up to this day I wonder who was more crazy, me or my dad, my dad for giving me the option to race or me for accepting it. He did it because he knew how much I love it and because I was always a good kid, jaja..

After that first race, after that takeoff, after knowing that I didn't have No idea in what I gotten myself into, I absolutely know that this is what I want to do the rest of my life, it took very little time to realise about that and its taking me a long time acomplishing but I am sure I will.

                 

The kind of motorcycle rally racing that got me hooked on racing                  



Why would you read what I have to say about motorcycles?

Although I have been very inactive in the racing world for the last 10 years. After I raced a full year of rallies, enduros, cross countries and GNCC's in ecuador(my native country) and two american National Hare Scrambles I have never been away from motorcycles and the racing world, i dont want to sound cocky but I know A LOT about motorcycles and I want to share this knowledge with people who also have this passion for racing and specially for motorcycles.

It has been burning myself inside, the racing bug day and night there isn't a day that goes by without me thinking about how much I want to race again. I haven't been able to race due to several reasons, moving away from the confort of home to achieve a degree of mechanical engineering in the US, then the lack of funding to do it simultaneously along my degree. Then was the biggest personal lost in my life as my grandmother and Dad passes away on the same year and last but not least the pursuing of even higher level of education by obtaining a master's in mechanical engineering degree in Europe. I feel like I could have raced if I really wanted but I could say that the situation I was living in and the limitations I had didn't help. But after the month of july I will be graduating and completely finished with my higher education and I can finally pursue my dream of racing with the best in the world and beat them.

My goal is to be racing competitively before my birthday in october 28 and I will be racing no matter what, i am sure.


Nico, my dad, my best friend Leo, my brother Dany and me after successfully completing a round of the National Hare Scramble


In the meantime I decided to create this blog for just about anyone who likes motorcycles and offroad which is my area of expertise, doesnt matter if you are new to thes world or a seasoned expert I am sure you can learn something from me and i can learn something from you. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to take the power of thanking you for that specialized guidance I've constantly enjoyed viewing your blog.See more

    ReplyDelete